We offer a complete range of plastering services, from installation of plasterboards and skimming to more traditional methods and finishes.
Plasterboarding and skimming
Plasterboards can be used to line most walls and ceilings – whether attached to solid wood or metal frames, or fixed using a proprietary board adhesive. Generally being the most cost effective way to plaster a room, they are also durable and quick to install.
A number of specially performing plasterboard types are available for various requirements:
- Fire-resistant boards.
- Moisture and vapour checking boards.
- Thermal insulating boards available in a range of thicknesses and backing materials.
Final skim coats are always two-coat finished. This is to ensure the finish will be flat, smooth, durable and provide the best finish, especially if the surfaces are to be painted.
Wherever possible, skimmed areas are always completed in one session, thereby eliminating obvious joins and unsightly ‘feathering in’ appearances.
Traditional two and three coat plastering
Traditional or ‘wet’ plastering can be installed in most situations.
The background will be assessed, checking that it is sound, dry and suitable to accept the plasterwork. Executed correctly, and for the best result, this system requires a minimum of two coats before the final skim coats can be applied.
New ceilings or existing ceiling renewal and repair
Any ceiling can be installed to requirements. Existing ceilings can be under-drawn and skimmed as required. Ceiling services include:
- Metal framed, suspended ceilings.
- Fire-resistant plasterboard ceilings.
- Existing ceilings that are not sound enough to accept skim-coats can be under-drawn with plasterboards and skimmed.
- Straight re-skims (where the existing surface is suitable).
Water damage repairs
Damp problems and damage from water leaks can be assessed and repaired in the necessary manner.
Water-proofing renders and ‘Limelite’ Renovating plasters are available for installation to ensure a lasting resistance to the ingress of moisture and inhibit the formation of mineral deposits or salts on interior surfaces.
New archways and other features
We will design and construct any new archways, along with partitions, nibs, recessed shelving and similar features.
These features can be built to virtually any shape and design, and skimmed in to provide useful or just plain interesting and decorative features in a room. The only limit is your imagination.
- Old Artex skimmed smooth. The suitability of the surfaces will need to be checked for soundness and readiness to bear the weight of a skim-coat.
- Coving fitted. Gyproc coving can be installed where required.
- Moroccan-style waterproof plastering (suitable for bathroom areas).
- Small jobs and patching.
Detailed quotations usually require an inspection of the job to be undertaken. They will then be valid for sixty days.
Contact us today to arrange a free, no obligation quotation. You can phone or text us on 07952 331774, or complete the quote request form above and we’ll get in touch with you.